Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shutter Bug!

Ashley was here last week. She came in on Sunday the 29th and went home on the last flight out Tuesday night. We had a great time and I think she may have worn out her camera! We were all over the place and the highlights were probably the beach and the Cancer Survivors' Park.

She came with me to my treatment appointment on Monday and got quite a few pictures. Even took a video or two in the room while they were getting me into position. I'll figure out how to post a video on here and then put one of them up.

We had quite an interesting experience while at the beach. We were walking around to various stores so that Ashley could do a bit of shopping. We had heard that there was a good chance for thunderstorms in the afternoon. Sure enough, it began to look stormy up to the north of us. The clouds were starting to build an look pretty dark, but were a long way off. She saw a dress that she liked in one of the shop windows so we went in.

I assumed 'the position' appropriate to any male on a shopping trip. (There was a man-chair right near the register.) I waited while Ashley went back and tried her dress on. It was apparently a successful trial as she came out and bought it. Total time elapsed from walking in the door was only about 15 minutes or so.

I looked out the window and couldn't believe that the storm clouds were already overhead! That son of a gun was moving as fast as any storm I've ever seen! It looked like this when we arrived...



















And like this 30 minutes later!! Needless to say, we hot-footed it back to the truck just in time to take our place in the middle of the traffic jam going back to town!

No comments: