Friday, June 20, 2008

Beach & More Pictures Are Coming

(FYI... Before I start this post, I've figured out how to get the dates right so I reorganized the old ones and added some new stuff. The new stuff may be before some of the stuff you've already seen so if you're interested, scroll down to see what's new.)

It is Friday and I just finished with treatment #18. 21 to go! Things went very well this afternoon. I've developed a couple of "suntan spots". One on each hip, about an inch and a half in diameter. That's one of the things they tell us to expect. It is a result of shooting the radiation through there. Usually they don't get irritated and, so far, mine haven't.

The treatment time today was late afternoon so in the morning I took Anne out to see Jacksonville Beach. It's a very nice community on the Atlantic and we drove around and found a nice hole-in-the-wall place to have some lunch. Fish Tacos!! Walked down to the beach to look around.

One of the main things that has impressed me here is how clean everything is. The beach was spotless. Even when you walk around in downtown JAX, the streets are clean. No litter...

Josh is coming to visit on Sunday when Anne leaves and I'm going to see if he will go into the treatment room with me and get some good pictures. Hope I'll have some to post next week.

Next post, some interesting factoids!!

No comments: