Monday, June 23, 2008

The People Make Such A Difference

Day 19. The appointment was at 0930 and Josh came with me to see how it works and to take some pictures for me.

The folks here are just SUPER about letting family members come back into the treatment rooms and see what is happening. Great idea! I think it really helps to allay some of their concerns when they can see that everything is absolutely on the bleeding edge of technology and the kids doing the treatments are completely competent.

The director here had a real opportunity when they set this place up. Since it was a brand new and separate facility, he was able to hire everyone from scratch. In my opinion, they did a stupendous job. They found people who are the best at what they do, AND, to a person they all have a wonderful customer-service attitude. I cannot say enough good things about the staff here.

Anne and Josh each came into the treatment room on different days and Loren, one of my therapists, took them aside and showed them the computers, how they used the xrays each day to line me up so precisely with the gold seeds in my prostate, and so forth. These folks are busy and I very much appreciate the way they try to take care of the family as much as the patient.

No comments: